Friday, September 28, 2007

la mia nuova scuola - my new school

They say I have to go to school now as I am a big boy. So far, I quite enjoy the big boy's school - there are computers, lots of nice games, we cook, paint and there are also a couple of nice playgrounds. Yet I am looking forward to go to my REAL SCHOOL, preschool 4, with all my friends and the classroom's books I keep talking about.

Yesterday I got to be the classroom's Special Helper and I made sure I impressed the teachers with my nice behaviour. They also explained that for every good action, we earn a point, and after three points, we receive a special surprise (my mom called this a reward system, I am not sure what it means). Well, I am certainly interested in winning the surprise, but only after they tell me what it is!

Special Helpers wear a special golden medal and are busy helping the teachers all day. When my mom asked me whether Special Helpers work also during recess, in the playground, I had to explain to her that yes, we do have duties also during recess time. She then wanted to know what are we supposed to do during recess, and I told her very patiently that Specials Helpers during recess time have to very gently take their golden medals off. My mom smiled but I am not sure why.

At schoo, we need to do everything by ourselves. So, I have also started picking my own cloths in the morning and wearing them all by myself. My parents always scream of joy when they see the combination of trousers and shirts I choose for the day...

(now I should translate all this in Italian... well, maybe later...I am not sure how this bilingual blog will actually work out...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara,

that school story sounds idyllic. So, things are going well with the school? I am glad. And I do not mind some English in the blog, too.

Lyuba

Leo&Ele said...

Hi Lyuba!! Yes, so far so good, though this morning he was kind of crying and I am not sure why...

Anyway I have just received a call from the Director of another primary school, saying that Leo is no longer in their waiting list and could actually join their school from next week! This is a much smaller and "homy" school, very close to our house, and with higher ratings than his current one...

We will probably have Leo attend a couple of days in this new school and then we'll let him take a decision.

And how is Ilia's school? And how is the baby in the belly? And WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START A BLOG??
;-))

lots of kisses
Barbara

Michela said...

no need for translation!!

(cool with the new school!)

Mimi said...

please translate in italian!!!

Sorry!
per la serie ghe metto 'na vita a tentar de leggere puito in iglese!!!

come procede tutto ok? e tu con la piccola e il lavoro?

C said...

I LOVE reading some English here!
Nice change from just looking at photos. Tell Leo I miss him. He's SO big now!
Amelia's second birthday is Sunday. Shes talking a lot these days. Ans I'm having another baby in early March (had I told you that yet?).

Carolyn
crmallon@gmail.com