Friday, November 09, 2007

che giorno meraviglioso!!

In the morning, I was awarded by the school a "Certificate of Achievement" for having made a Blue Book (it was our "blue week") as homework - as I explained to the entire school assembly, I cut out some blue pictures from magazines and glued them on the book to make it into a Blue Book! I was not shy at all and the teacher had to stop me talking or I would have gone on and on...! I was so proud and happy I could not stop smiling!!
Then, early in the afternoon, I had to report back to the classroom what our teddy bear "Freddy" did while spending a night at my place (Freddy goes home with each of us every night). Of course I made clear with mum that Freddy does not really "do" anything except watching and I then asked her to write down a list of actions that Fred witnessed, like playing with my friend Adam, having dinner, taking a bath, sleeping etc. When the teacher called me out to report back, I unfolded my list and read it aloud. I then folded it and put it back in my pocket, and went back to my seat. I read so quicky that the teacher had to ask me to repeat three times what I said (she keeps a diary of our reports).
Here I am reading the list of actions that Freddy witnessed at home

Then, my mum brought a tray full of cupcakes to school... yes, today was also my birthday!!! They say I am five but I am not entirely convinced. Five years old kids look SO BIG to me!!

Back home, we had another party with my friend Matilda and her little sister Iolanda. Dad is out of town so my parents decided (without consulting me) to celebrate my birthday with all my new friends next Sunday...

And finally, I got to skip my evening bath... what a fantastic day!!!
******************
Che giorno fantastico, prima mi hanno consegnato un certificato di merito per aver fatto un Libro Blu tutto da solo - a scuola stiamo ricercando i colori e questa era la settimana "blu"- e davanti all'intera assemblea della scuola! Io ero spuerfelice e fiero, e molto disinvolto! Non la smettevo di parlare per spiegare a tutti la tecnica utilizzata per fare il libro!!
Poi, di pomeriggio, ho raccontato alla classe le avventure dell'orsacchiotto Freddy che ogni sera va a casa con qualcuno di noi. Ho fatto scrivere a mamma una lista di cose che abbiamo fatto in sua presenza, che poi ho letto alla classe (vedi foto).
Inoltre, la mamma ha portato il dolce a scuola per festeggiare...si, il mio compleanno!!!!
A casa, abbiamo festeggiato nuovamente con Matilda e Iolanda, nell'attesa del party vero e proprio, domenica prossima - infatti babbo non c'e' in questi giorni e a casa c'e' stata una executive decision (del tutto top-down e senza consultative process) di rimandare i festeggiamenti...
Per finire, ho anche saltato il bagno serale... waw, che giorno fantastico!!!

2 comments:

Michela said...

che giornata emozionante!!

tanti auguri Leo!

Emanuela said...

Gia'5???
Ma non ci si crede!
..e come e' possibile un compleanno non a DC senza tutti i tuoi amichetti della scuola della BM e Shannon e the Great Zucchini...!

..Ci mancate molto...
Ma quand'e' the tornate?