Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Lorax and my Shannon

Right after my 2nd birthday, I was sent to nursery. I was the only child in my classroom, with two fantastic teachers taking care of me only! One of them was Shannon. It was love at first sight. Then, after a few weeks, Danilo joined. We were two in the classroom. Shannon used to read us the Lorax. We could not understand all but we loved it! And soon we learnt it by hearth - the whole book. When I was 4, I left DC for London. I had to say bye bye to Shannon and Danilo. My heart broke. But life goes on and I soon met other friends and other wonderful teachers in London. Then, a few months back, I received a package from Shannon. She sent me a copy of The Lorax. Since then, I am reading it every night! But now, I can read it all by myself (or I pretend to, as I know it by heart anyway!!). And every night I think about my Shannon.

Shannon is now leaving DC for California - another great adventure: good luck Shannon and see you soon! I love you.


And here is a link to a Lorax video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6650219631867189375&q=&hl=en

No comments: