Wednesday, October 17, 2007

la mia scuola nuova - my new school (No.2)

it so happened that my first choice school, which turned out to be full on September, got in touch with us a couple of weeks ago with the good news that a place was finally made available for me!! after pondering about the opportunity costs of transitioning me to yet another new school, after about two minutes of hard thinking a decision was taken to confirm the new place...

mum has been helping me with the new transition, she is spending half an hour every day with me a school and, as dad says, she is learning her ABC's again - so far she's deepended her knowledge of the letters S, T, C and K, etc. Mum thinks this is not funny but in truth she does enjoy it! Anyway this umbelical cord will have to be cut one of these days...

Do I like the new school? Indeed I love it! First, it is right INSIDE my favourite park! Second, it is only five minutes walk from home! Third, I have fun when I am at school. The hardest part is making new friends though. I so much miss my Washington friends and cannot think of making new ones at all. I am just waiting for Danilo to board a plane and come play with me here!
--------------------------------------------

Il sistema scolastico inglese permette alle famiglie di scegliere fino a tre scuole per i propri figli, che verranno poi assegnate in base a vari criteri quali la distanza dalla scuola etc. A Leo era stata assegnata la scuola che avevamo messo al secondo posto, ma dopo tre settimane di frequenza, ci hanno informato che si era liberato un posto alla scuola preferita da noi, piu' vicina, piu' piccolina e piu' accogliente...
Quindi il povero Leo ha dovuto fare due transizioni in un mese... comunque ora adora la sua nuova scuola, anche se continua a pretendere che io rimanga a lezione per una mezz'oretta ogni mattina (e a me non fa male un ripasso delle letterine dell'alfabeto...!)
Il vero problema e' fare nuovi amici. Non che sia super-timido, ma fa molto il permaloso e si offende se gli amichetti nuovi non lo "invitano" a giocare con lui, o se non lo ascoltano quando parla, etc. Speriamo sia solo questione di tempo ... tutto sommato, pare non fare molti sforzi perche' dice che tanto prima o poi prima o poi Danilo prendera' l'aereo per venirlo a trovare qui a Londra!!

2 comments:

Michela said...

good luck leo!!

Mimi said...

aspettiamo la traduzione, poveri noi sciagurati mezze calzette con l'inglese